We got engaged on June 9, 2012.
I had a wedding board on Pinterest on precisely June 9, 2012.
Pinterest, in my opinion, is one of the best things to ever hit the internet. I am a crafter at heart. A DIYer like no other. However, when planning a wedding, Pinterest can be both an amazing thing and a detriment.
Here are the top 10 things that I have pinned on Pinterest, but won’t be happening at the wedding…
1. Advice jar… how cool? But, I just didn’t have the place to put it ((which is code for I didn’t have the time to do it))
2. A display of Our Love Story. Such a cute way to tell the story to those who may not know.
3. I love the look of these candle holders. I bought all the stuff, but simply ran out of time.
4. LOVE the look of this aisle runner. We actually looked into it, but because we are getting married on a rooftop, it would be hard to be sure it stays down on the ground. Also, it is incredible the number of petals that is actually needed… 10,000 or something?
5. The bible holding our rings. We are doing a traditional pillow for the ring bearer (Mike’s nephew) to carry. I got it for a good deal…
6. The pups will not be in attendance at the wedding….. HOWEVER, that does not mean that we couldn’t make this picture happen after the wedding. It would just mean I would have to hold Stella still long enough to paint her nails….
7. I love, love, love the look of personalized hangers. I read a ton of instructions online, went out and bought the materials, and failed. It is not as easy as it seems. Pretty sure my bridesmaids are simply going to get a regular hanger because I passed the day of being able to return them. Oh well, it’s the thought that counts, right?
8. I love this look. I am in love with this look. Although, I think paper lanterns are kind of hit or miss and this doesn’t really mesh with the vibe of our venue. Pretty awesome though, right?
9. How sweet is this. This bride had part of her dad’s shirt sewn into her wedding dress. I wish I would have remembered that I had pinned this because I absolutely would have done it. There will be some other tributes for my dad, but this would have been very special. Although, I don’t think a heart made out of acid washed jeans would have looked very good….
10. Yup, I brought it all back to these dang yarn balls. You can check out where I ranted and raved about how I was unable to get these to work but I loved the look of them. ::sigh::
The moral of this post:
Pinterest can be equated to the old saying of: “My eyes were bigger than my stomach” in reference to too much food.
Well, Pinterest, you win.
“My eyes were bigger than the amount of time, energy and creativity that I had”