That’s right, I said it. I am a runner.
Surprisingly, saying those words doesn’t make me want to vomit.
More surprisingly, my 7.38 mile run on Saturday didn’t make me want to vomit either.
I actually had the first day where I thought that I can do this.
Here’s why I know I am now a runner….
- I used MapMyRun to plan out where I was going to go.
- I took off my long sleeve shirt two miles in, while running, and holding the dog, without dropping my tunes
- I ran on a path that was snow covered. Yup, didn’t turn around.
- I dropped my dog off at home at the halfway point.
- I ATE MY FIRST GU PACKET (strawberry-banana, pretty gross and thick)
- I used my new handheld water bottle 🙂
- I ran my longest distance: 7.38 miles.
- I put my legs up when I got home and was able to catch my breath.
- I actually stretched after I ran. Seriously.
- I used my foam roller after my run.
- I got calf cramps while in line for the movies.
- I brought in my own Nalgene of water to the movies (oops). And filled it up twice. (oops).
- I woke up Sunday with wicked ITB pain. Such is life.
- I loved hearing the words “I’m proud of you babe” when I walked in the door 🙂
THIS IS WHAT 7.38 MILES LOOKS LIKE.
****yes, I know that I have a long way before I get to 13.1…. but hey, life is short and sweet, right? It’ll happen.