Week of: 1/21 – 1/27
Monday: Took the day off, haven’t been feeling great!
Tuesday: 30 minutes on the bike and ran 1 mile at 5.7 – needed to get my legs moving and my HR up. Felt pretty good, but it’s always hard to get even a small workout in when not feeling 100%.
Wednesday: Set out to run 2 miles at the gym. I HATE running on the treadmill and I get really bored, so I’ve been bringing magazines to look at. Next thing I knew, I was at 3 miles! Woohoo! Then I lifted arms and back:
- Bicep Curls- 2×8 – #30
- Skull Crushers- 2×8 – #30
- Bench Press- 2×8 – #30
- Dumbbell shoulder press- 2×8 – #15
- Kettle bell rows- 2×8 – 12#
- Dumbbell rear flys- 2×8 – 10#
- Push ups- 2×8
- Abs on Bosu Ball for 3min
Thursday: Day off: spent the day at school! yuck! 🙂
Friday: Ran 2 miles on the treadmill then lifted legs.
- Leg press – 3×8 at 115 pounds
- Calf raises – 3×16 at 115 pounds – both straight leg and bent knee
- Single Leg RDL with kettle bell in opposite hand – 3×8 at 15 pounds, really made me work on my balance!
- Kettle bell swings, 3×8, 15 pounds
- Cross over step ups, no weights
- Balance on flat surface of BOSU ball – 3x3o seconds
- Planks on BOSU ball – 3×30 seconds
Saturday: This was the best day. Planned to run for an hour, thought there is no way I could do it. Yup, I ran for 1 hour! I used my Nike SportBand for the first time, so I need to work on adjusting the settings and learning how to use it, but it was great! I felt such an amazing sense of accomplishment!
Sunday: Day off! I was sore from yesterday and worked all day anyways!