As September comes to an end, I have taken the time to reflect back on this last month. While I did some exercising in August, September marked my real start.
At the start of the month, I knew I wanted to make the step – to improve my cardiovascular strength, improve my muscular strength, eat healthier, and make the steps towards a healthier life.
Well, now that we’re at the end, I can honestly say I feel like I am on the right path. I have improved my CV strength, muscular strength, and am working incredibly hard to make healthier food choices. And it feels great.
This September I have:
- Ran my first 5k
- Ran 1 mile straight without stopping
- Spent quality time with my pup out on the trail
- I have worked out 21/30 days = 70%
- Ran 5 miles for the first time since ever? high school?
- Completed 7 miles on 9/30. I don’t have anything to say but wow.
- Attended 1 exercise class
- Lost 4 pounds
- Lost .5inches around my chest and waist
Goals for October:
- Attend 1 exercise class per week
- Follow a training plan – I have been aimlessly running….
- Decrease my mileage time to 10 minutes, will take a TON of work
- Work on my mental strength and endurance. This is by far my biggest weakness.
- Make an executive decision about gym membership (we have 2 opening late October within walking distance)
- Focus more on decreasing my shin splints
- Lose 5 pounds
- No drinking during the week, only weekends. Well, except for Wine Wednesday!!!!
- As much as I try hard to not consider the number on the scale, I would love to see more of a drop. I know it’s not the only thing though.
- Body measurements are probably more important than number on the scale…
- It’s really important to listen to your body – my legs are constantly sore and I need to be smarter about it.
- Shin splints are no fleefing joke…. haha but I don’t think they are gonna go away!
- I can’t even explain how proud I am of myself. I never thought I would stick to something for a month and be able to really see improvements.
- My friend Kim is completing the Hal Higdon Intermediate 10k Training Program and I have explored around the website and decided I am going to do the Novice 10k Training Program – I think the novice program fits better for how my training has gone thus far. In addition, I think it fits into my schedule a little bit better. Can’t wait! Tomorrow’s training is strength/stretching so I am going to look into a local fitness class