blessed enough to hold happy that I have gained the wonderful genetic trait of fine, thin, straight hair. Yes, I am one of those lucky? people who can dry my hair in less than 5 minutes and have it be straight as a pin. Looks all fine and dandy at that point in time, but after about 30 minutes my hair will LOOSE all body and all shine, GAIN lots of creases, and probably have it up in a pony tail.
Many of my friends get jealous of how fast I can dry my hair but little do they know….. it has no volume, holds NO curl, has to be washed every day, and cannot dry overnight. Lucky me.
So, to continue on the theme of MY FAVORITE THINGS, this post is dedicated to my favorite hair products. Here they are!
- Suave® Dry Shampoo: My mom introduced me to this a while back, and it is a life saver. Because my hair tends to get a bit greasy (especially when I shower really early in the morning) this is the easiest and cleanest way to get rid of some of the grease and pump up a little volume….and it is incredibly cost effective!
- Big Sexy Hair® Root Pump: LOVE THIS STUFF. Wouldn’t normally spend the money on it because it’s costly, but I managed to find it at a Marshalls or TJ Maxx on a day where I wanted to spend money on unnecessary things. I don’t know what I will do when it runs out.
- Garnier Fructis® Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Protector: I bought this because I felt like I was getting a lot of breakage in my hair. So to combat, I have made a valiant effort to lower the heat on my blow dryer, to buy Breakage conditioner, and use this! I don’t use it every day, I switch between this and the other Garnier® product, but I have noticed a difference! And it smells lovely!
- Tresemme® Hair Spray: Despite my flat hair, I really don’t use that much hair spray. I find that it holds the volume in my hair for about 3.8 more minutes than without it, so I don’t usually use it. In fact, I am pretty sure I have had this can for a number of years. BUT! When I do need it, this is what I use!
- Garnier Fructis® Sleek & Shine Smoothing Milk: I wanted a product that was going to help make my hair seems smooth and shiny, and this is what I found! I love it! Like I already mentioned, I don’t use it every day, but mainly every other. It smells so nice and makes my hair feel beautiful.
Well, there ya have it! I have tried SO MANY products on my hair and I usually don’t keep buying the same thing because I am a firm believer that there is something better (and cheaper) out there. But these ones are staples and I am so fortunate I have come across them!
Do you have any favorite hair care products? What do you find works the best for your style of hair?
As always – enjoy the day. And remember,