I get very bored when I am home alone all day – I get antsy and need to constantly be doing something, today’s mission: BAKE!
I am a very picky banana eater – therefore, any banana that has any brown on it I will not eat. In an effort to get rid of some brown nanners and some frozen ones (Mike thinks I have 30 old bananas in the freezer that take up too much space), I attempted to make banana bread. I love banana bread and have made it a variety of ways my favorites are with chocolate chips and applesauce! However, I didn’t have chips nor applesauce, so I went with plan B.
I searched around for some healthy options to banana bread and stumbled on this lovely blog! After about an hour of looking through everything on her blog and Pinterest board, I decided to tackle the recipe – Greek Yogurt Blueberry Banana Bread! Yum!
Next came plan C – I didn’t have any blueberries, so I used frozen strawberries and peaches. I let them thaw and smashed with a potato masher so they were more fine…. attempt at Honey Greek Yogurt Strawberry-Peach Banana Bread! 🙂
Turned out delicious!! Had some as a little snack when it was all done and made a few plates to give out to our neighbors for helping while we were on vacation – home-baking is always a great way to say thanks 🙂
Here is the recipe as listed on http://www.nosugarsweetlife.com:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Start by combining flour, baking powder, salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas with a fork until they are gooey and liquid-like.
- Add eggs, vanilla and brown sugar… mix thoroughly.
- Add greek yogurt
- Whisk until everything is well combined and there are no lumps.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. At this point, fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and distribute evenly.
- Put into the oven and bake for one hour, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and (try to) let the bread cool for at least ten minutes before slicing.